-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN A BIT FOR THE ARTICLES. GET YOUR SCROLLING GLOVES ON. (PACK A LUNCH). THANKS!



***Look at the intimidating Logo below!***

Receive your free Humanitas Maximus email subscription -- RSS feed content included!

Enter your email address:

Delivered once daily (and includes all of the material from the RSS feed without the RSS hassle) by FeedBurner directly to your email inbox.


Podcast/ Reader: Have your articles read to you here, or to your mobile device.




HUMANITAS MAXIMUS ARTICLES

You should read the fine print which follows first...

*Note to my Readers About Viewing Posts: This blog is formatted in such a manner as to cut off certain of the larger graphics that appear in the postings -- especially when those postings have been excerpted from wider-screen or higher-resolution media. Please be patient with me while I work within Google's somewhat stifling Blogger framework. If some graphics are cut off, you might just left-click on them to see if you can get an original source screen with the full graphic shown -- regrettably, this only works some of the time. In the event that any of the wording is cut off, you might change your screen magnification down from 100% to 75%. But don't worry -- the copy very seldom gets cut off. In some cases, if the article has been re-posted from another source (and you sadly can almost never tell you might try clicking on the article title, to get redirected to the original source posting, which will generally be full-sized and easy to read. No matter what...Please don't run out to the local drugstore in the rain and buy some of those overpriced non-prescription "reading glasses" that will make you look like either 1) a Senator in a subcommittee proceeding, or like 2) a substitute teacher from the early 1060's.

And now, intrepid explorers...TO INFINITY! AND BEYOND!

Monday, March 07, 2011

Personal Thank You Notes -- A Rare And Powerful Touch




Personal Thank You Notes -- A Rare And Powerful Touch

If you're a hardened business-minded cynic, as I am, you'll probably think that this is going to be one of those sissy "conventional wisdom" puff piece articles. But you'd be wrong. So there.

Dear Friends, Readers, Colleagues and Fellow TNNWC Members:

A personal note (as a follow-through to a conversation or a meeting) is becoming increasingly rare. A personal thank you note is even rarer. This makes it all the more precious.

A thank-you note, whether it is a small hand-written sticky note or a more formalized email casts a gracious and dignified light on the sender.

When the Founder of TNNWC Group, Adam J.(whatever that stands for ) Kovitz mails me anything, he always encloses a small post-it note saying "thank you." It is one of the things that makes him outstanding in an increasingly hostile and de-personalized society. It is more than a gesture - it's a statement about the character of the sender. I have kept all of Adam's post-it notes [well, to be completely candid, it had occurred to me that they might fetch a high price at auction some day in the not-to-distant future when Adam comes to great fame and fortune...]

I have to start to send more thank you notes to people. They are a rare and personal touch that builds a stronger bridge of friendship and trust between the sender and the recipient. I know how wonderful I feel when I receive one.

I would suggest that you endeavor to do the same.

It will set us apart in an all-too-often indifferent world. It might even (at the risk of sounding mercenary) help win us better social and business relationships.

That is my entire message. If you'd like to go further, there is a personal story, but even if you stop right here, I've given you something to think about.

In fact, I'm going out to buy several quill pens and some fancy stationery right now.

- DC





The Story

Some years ago, during a particularly difficult time in my life, I decided to distract myself by delving into something new; something that would engage me physically, intellectually and emotionally.


I found my needed distraction when I decided, after interviewing several martial arts "masters," to study Jiu Jitsu under the instruction of Soke Joseph Droual of New York Martial Arts Hombu.


Soke (a term of mastery, which some translate to the "Founder," of a unique style, or "The Inheritor" of special teachings) intuitively knew what I needed, and trained me well. I thoroughly enjoyed our sessions. I earned my black belt due to our dedication to each other. Teaching and studying are two parts of a whole process - it truly requires a partnership between at least two persons to make learning possible. We established a close bond.


Over the years, our friendship has grown, and we have very often confided in eachother, exchanged warped jokes, groanworthy puns and musical metaphors. We speak on the telephone briefly (as we are both busy), but with incredible frequency.


Soke recently honored my Colleagues and myself by becoming a Member of TNNWC Group and one of our Advisors.


He is a master of four different martial arts, The Founder of The Internal Energy Plus System, a Member of the US Martial Arts Hall Of Fame, and an anti-bullying and anti-crime advocate and activist working in conjunction with Curtis Sliwa (of Guardian Angels fame), and a number of other organizations chartered to make children safer from the increasingly prevalent bullying and gang activities at schools, as well as organizations which are charged with the mission of empowering and protecting women from violence and abuse, such as NOWSA and has participated in such events as Voices For A Cause.


He's been interviewed numerous times on Long Island's WGBB Radio, as has had numerous mentions in The Long Islander, a popular Long Island newspaper.


This man of accomplishment recently took the time out to send me an email expressing his gratitute for our enduring friendship and for "all that I have done for him." It's ironic. From my perspective, he's done everything for me. I will not publish his letter here, as it was very personal, but I will publish my response:
---------------

Honored and beloved Soke Joe:

Thanks are appreciated, but are highly unnecessary. You are my friend because we were brought together by a greater force to unite our efforts toward a greater and higher purpose.

If anything, I am indebted to you for teaching me some lessons about strategy and courage which have helped save my life (both literally and figuratively), and which have truly transformed me -- You were, and continue to be, the principal inspiration for the way in which I can take a stand in this world when others choose to retreat, to just turn the other way or to simply lie down.

Your teachings and trainings have changed me and have helped me to grow from within -- to strengthen my resolve and commitment to the things which I believe to be right.

Your training, insights, experiences and acumen have become a permanent part of the person whom I've become -- and I never could have accomplished so much without having walked into the dojo that day and asked you to be my teacher.

I will always stand with you.

Thank YOU, Soke.

With great love and respect,

Douglas

####
The Internal Energy Plus Logo
More Info: http://douglascastleiep.blogspot.com/


-----

















---------------
Douglas Castle -   THE DAILY BURST OF BRILLIANCE .001™
http://aboutdouglascastle.blogspot.com/ 
http://www.DouglasCastleBlogosphere.com

Douglas Castle -
Background, Blogs and Sites


HUMANITAS MAXIMUS -- SELF-GROWTH, SELF-DETERMINATION AND LEADERSHIP. http://HumanitasMaximus.Blogspot.com - "Learn, Dream, Plan, Implement and Achieve."

Douglas Castle -
Background, Blogs and Sites

***

TNNWC NEWS TICKERS...
News Ticker: TNNWC NEWS RELEASES


News Ticker: TNNWC RSS AND DAILY EMAIL FEED

No comments:

Post a Comment



Douglas Castle's Somewhat Uninteresting BLOGGER Profile.



PLACE THESE WIDGETS ON YOUR BLOGS, WEBSITES AND E-MEDIA PLATFORMS.



A WIDGET WILL ADD VALUABLE, CONSISTENTLY UP-TO-THE-MINUTE CONTENT TO YOUR WEBSITE OR BLOG. IT WILL HELP YOU TO GENERATE AN INCREASED VOLUME OF TRAFFIC, LONGER SITE VISITS, AND HIGHER SEARCH ENGINE POSITIONING. IT IS A POWERFUL MARKETING TOOL AS WELL AS AN INVALUABLE SOURCE OF CURRENT INFORMATION FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL USE.


THE GLOBAL FUTURIST

THE INTERNATIONALIST PAGE


THE NATIONAL NETWORKER


BUILD YOUR NETWORK...LEVERAGE YOUR INCREASING CIRCLE OF RELATIONSHIPS. Visit The National Networker website at http://www.TheNationalNetworker.com. You can subscribe to TNNW's weekly Newsletter free -- Click *HERE*.

INTERNAL ENERGY PLUS WIDGET

BRAINTENANCE - Be Razor Sharp!


TAKING COMMAND!

LINKS 4 LIFE WIDGET

DOUGLAS CASTLE'S INSIGHTS





THE RADIO DAZZ BLIDGET

I don't want to be pushy, but you really should put this FREE blidget on your website, blog, newsletter, homepage, social media, refrigerator door and inside your gym locker. You'll be glad that you did.